Search

Monday, January 2, 2012

Pink Sugar & My Vanilla Movie

Hi everyone! I'm back soaping!

I was in a soap making frenzy these last few days and I made a fabulous Pink Sugar soap.  This fragrance is sweet and sexy at the same time, it's described as having base notes of candy floss, caramel, toffee, and vanilla that mingles with middle notes of fig, strawberry jam and violet musk. The fragrance is rounded off with top notes of lemon drops and sweet brown sugar.  It's a stunning fragrance and I've so wanted to soap this for an age.  


Plus, making this soap gave me an opportunity to make a video that I've been thinking about for a while... some vanilla based soaps can naturally turn the soap brown (due to the natural vanillin in the fragrance) and I thought I'd make a video that showed this progression from just made soap to the dark brown colour. So here it is, hope you like it...



For those who subscribe by email, I know you can't see the video, so here is the direct link to You Tube http://youtu.be/ZZ9Y9njpOS8.  


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous video! I commented over at the video but I'll say it again here. Pink Sugar is a beautiful fragrance but it sure does go dark. There are so many factors to work with when making soap and vanilla is a biggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you prevent the creamy and pink portion turning brown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous video and beautiful soap. I'm going to have to try pink sugar, as I love dark soap and your's looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

If you like Soaperstar's blog posts, please feel free to comment!! We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...