Search

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cashmere Pure Silk Luxury!

Another restock, another top seller, another hanger swirl! Yep I'm really enjoying these restocks ... some soapers may find it dull to keep having to make and remake the same soaps but I am loving this.  I have to say that I'm having huge fun working with bright colours and stunning micas again, I miss those babies! And glitter, oh boy, did I miss glitter!!

Cashmere is a soap I've had in the range since the beginning, the second I smelt the fragrance I knew I had to have it and I love it as much now as I did then.  I got the idea for the colours from an image on Google images which was of a cashmere scarf and it looked so luxurious, so rich, so utterly lovely and almost decadent that I knew I had my colours decided!

The soap is one of our Pure Silk cold process soap range and is made with Sweet Almond & Olive Oils with lashings creamy Cocoa Butter.  I've also added Aloe Vera, and what I'm calling our new triple milk formula - Buttermilk, Goatsmilk & Coconut Milk along with White Kaolin Clay & Colloidal Oatmeal.

The benefits of milk for the skin has been known for centuries, they're a natural source of AHA's and protein along with natural fats that help to condition your skin to the highest degree.  Aloe Vera has also been used for centuries as a rich source of vitamins and antioxidants, amongst other things, as have clays and oatmeal.  Basically I take the best that nature provides and combine them in such a way that you have a luxurious, stunning, skin loving, beautifully perfumed piece of art that is not only a beauty to look at but a beauty to use.

Cashmere is fragranced with a blend of essences of Moroccan jasmine, lily of the valley and bergamot with warm undertones of sandalwood, amber and musk. It is one of my favourites, warm and sexy and simply divine.

So, here is the Making Of video - again, catch up with the How To of a Hanger Swirl:




And for the reveal of how the swirl worked out, check out the Cutting video:



And here are the still photos from the incredibly talented, Titch Holland whose other work you can view at http://www.facebook.com/takenbytitch (check out her page):








I really hope you enjoy this videos and images - the soap will be fully cured by 22 August and should be available as a pre-order, online at http://www.iamhandmade.com, just shortly before then.  Enjoy!!!


3 comments:

  1. I adore this! Wonderful colour palette and swirls and divine tops - another Celine masterpiece <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, I love the look of the hanger swirl.

    ReplyDelete

If you like Soaperstar's blog posts, please feel free to comment!! We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...