Search

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Redesign, Remake & a Tutorial

In the midst of my exploration of our Pure Essential Soap range, I found out that stocks of some of our favourites and top choice soaps were running low, or in a lot of cases, were already run out! Eeek! Time to restock methinks.

So, you know, I can never just have a re-do, I have to have a whole redesign and, as ever with something different, I have to try something new.  Well not 100% new for me but a more in-depth exploration of a technique I'd only tried once before.

Peony Sorbet is one of our most popular soaps - it was the second highest ranking of soaps bought for Christmas this year and it's always in the top 3 of our most popular soaps so to let it run out is a crime.  It's a stunning fragrance, so close to the real scent of peonies, which, if you've never smelt up close and personal, you need to because they are just beautiful.  It's like a rose scent but not the old lady kind of powdery rose scent you can get (that I don't like myself), it's a more vibrant rose, with a definite raspberry hint to it.. it is just beautiful.  Even Titch loves it and she's not a floral girl at all.

So, as always, the ingredients of the soap come first so that you can experience the best possible skin loving experience ever... I made this with Sweet Almond & Golden Olive oils with lashings of creamy Cocoa Butter plus Aloe Vera, Goatsmilk, Coconut Milk, White Clay, Colloidal Oatmeal and Pure Wild Silk.  It is a joy to the skin!

Next, the redesign - I decided to investigate the hanger swirl more ... what is the hanger swirl I hear you say? Well, I can't explain it in words so much as show you, so here's our Making Of video:




Neat huh? I hope I showed you well enough what's involved. So, to see how it all comes out, here's our Cutting Of video:




And for more stills images, here are the photos taken for us specially by Titch Holland of http://www.facebook.com/takenbytitch fame:












Peony Sorbet will be fully cured on 20 August and we are taking pre-orders now at http://www.iamhandmade.com/ourshop/prod_1591945-Peony-Sorbet-PreOrder-Cure-Date-20-August.html ... hope you enjoyed the soaps and I'd love to see your photos with the hanger swirl technique.


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Celine! Titch's photos are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing your technique - I have got to try the hanger swirl someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful soap! Thanks for sharing with us!

    best wishes
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the videos girls! Makes me long for a soaping/video buddy. Of course it is lovely soap too, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More than "very pretty"..SUPER PRETTY!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the videos, thanks for sharing your technique with us! And, the final product came out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is perfect! I love it almost can smell it all the way to Tenessee USA.

    ReplyDelete

If you like Soaperstar's blog posts, please feel free to comment!! We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...