Search

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Creation|Collaboration 8th Women Wednesday Blog Roll

Welcome to Creation|Collaboration's 8th Women Wednesday blog roll, hosted by Beads & More by Lois, Soaperstar and Plans and Presents

Creation|Collaboration was set up by eight women, all existing friends, who run small businesses from their homes. We have started Women Wednesday blog roll to link up with other women in business, spread the word about Creation|Collaboration and basically just have fun visiting all of your interesting blogs!

Join in each week and you could be the following weeks blog feature. Every Thursday we will use Randomness software to pick someone from that weeks blog hop and announce who will be the next blog feature.

Heres how you can join in with Collaboration Women Wednesday:
  • Link up your blog name and URL to your Women Wednesday blog post using the McKLinky below (you only need to add on one blog to be seen on all of the McKLinky blog roll's) Please note that it's for blogs only and not links to your websites or shops.
  • Follow our Creation|Collaboration blog and the hostesses listed in the first 3 slots.
  • Grab our Women Wednesday button and feature it on your blog or Women Wednesday blog post.
  • Follow and comment saying you're from Women Wednesday on as many blogs as you likes listed in the McKlinky box.
  • Follow back any new followers from Women Wednesday!
It's that easy and a fun way to discover new and interesting blogs and us women at Creation|Collaboration get to meet other women in business!




Last week Suzanne from Scent Trail was picked to be our 3rd Blog Hop Feature!



Suzanne is a soap maker living in the North West, her soaps are made using the hot process method and are all palm oil free. She also makes lovely bath salts and body butters, read more to find out more about Scent Trail.


  

We asked Suzanne 5 questions so we could find out more about her and her business.

1. Tell us more about yourself and your business.



My name is Suzanne Jones. I live in the north west of England, and work part time in a dog food company, run a small petsitting business which I have had for about four years, and more recently set up a bath and beauty company. Oh, and I make jewellery from time to time, using Fair Trade silver beads and findings which I get direct from Thailand.

Over the past ten years or so, I have become more concerned with what I eat, where the products I use come from and how they have been tested.  For a couple of years I played with the idea of making soap, something I wanted to do but found courage lacking. The support I received from one of the forums I am a member of gave me that courage, and  finally I found something that I am good at (I think) and that I love to do. It has taken me a long time to decide what I want to be when I grow up but this is it. I love it.

The company was started after foisting my soap on a number of guinea pigs, who came back for more!  I knew then that I had the recipe right, so one safety assessment later, I set up Scent Trail in February of this year.  Since then I have created and recently launched a body butter, and I am working on a foot balm and have ideas for more products than I have time to make.  I believe in the Fair Trade ethic and like to use Fair Trade ingredients if they are available.


2. What do you love most about having your own business?



I love being my own boss. There is something quite liberating about not having to answer to someone, having creative control, and being able to go off on a tangent and see where it leads. I love standing in the kitchen stirring my cauldron and experimenting with new ingredients.



3. What would you like to change?

More money would be nice, but mainly, I would love more time to devote to the business. It is frustrating to have an idea for a new product, or packaging idea and not be able to do anything about it for a couple of days because everything else gets in the way. I need to try to build the business and that takes time that at the moment I am struggling to find.

4. What do you love most about blogging?

I have always kept a diary and love using words, blogging is an extension of that and is such an immediate way of contacting people, and is a great way of networking and showcasing your products.

5. What is your most favourite item you have made?


My favourite creation? That is difficult because they are all my babies. It is probably what I have done last, and in this case it is the body butter I made yesterday. It absorbs beautifully and makes the skin feel gorgeously soft.






Thank you Suzanne for being part of the blog hop and feature.

You can buy Scent Trail products from their website

If you would like to be featured next week, make sure you join in this weeks blog hop, only 3 more left!

2 comments:

  1. Your soap looks great, all the best with your business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to wave Hello from Women Wednesday blog hop :-)
    Shalini

    ReplyDelete

If you like Soaperstar's blog posts, please feel free to comment!! We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...