Search

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bathing Luxuries

I've been working on adding various new products to the range - a scrub (various experiments with using salts or sugar or a combo of both, for me the sugar is winning so far).  I'm nearing conclusion on that and I'm loving what I'm made so far - a great blend of creaminess and scrubbiness with a wash off ability that means you don't feel like a greasy mass but there's just a enough of the fabulous oils left on your skin to make it feel super soft - and silky of course because you've just exfoliated all that horrid dry skin off.  But, I have to admit, I don't have pictures of these.  Yes, sorry, I know... I should know better - what is a blog without pics right?!  Soon, soon my pretties!

But.. I do have pics of my latest experiements in bathing glory - creamers! Creamers are basically like little bath bombs but with butters used instead so they're extra moisturising.  Some people like bombs just to fizz and that's it, others like a product that helps moisturise the skin either very lightly or a lot.  Creamers, made with the right blend of ingredients, should make you feel like your skin is drinking up the buttery goodness of Shea Butter and Sweet Almond Oil but also so you don't feel too greasy afterwards.  They fizz gently and release the fragrance into the air (and your bath) as they fizz.  I've used Calendula petals with these as they're just so lovely - imagine, a fragrant scented bath, with floating floral petals that will envelope your skin with the goodness of shea and sweet almond oil... yep, they are that good!!

So for a picture:


These are testers for now - the formulation needs a little tweaking but it's almost so right - I used one last night, so lovely, my skin felt amazing afterwards. 

Now I'm on the hunt for different types of flower petals and looking to see what else I can use with them.... any ideas, please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like Soaperstar's blog posts, please feel free to comment!! We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...