Search

Monday, May 30, 2011

Black Raspberry Vanilla

I've had this fragrance awaiting a new design for an age - it's just such a lovely blend of blackberries, raspberries and vanilla and smells like the most incredible raspberry & vanilla ice cream.  I just adore raspberries, they are the epitome of summer fruits to me and this fragrance is just so lovely that it just deserved a really beautiful design.

I've been working with the spoon swirl for a while now and the more I do it, the more I love it! I made this soap early on Saturday morning when everyone was still in bed.  By the time I'd reached the top of the mould, hubs made an appearance and together we made the sort of spotty design on top.  Awwhh families that soap together, stay together .. right?!!

Anyway, this soap also features a new formula because I wanted to incorporate Sweet Almond Oil into my recipe more - this has Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil and Cocoa Butter plus pure silk! What a skin loving combo if I ever saw one! It's coloured with a mix of mica and liquid soap colours as well as some titanium dioxide to whiten the soap more.  It has, as ever, a tiny sprinkling of glitter too (and why not I say!).

I am in love with this soap, cut this evening and photographed freshly cut because it just looked soooo pretty.  I present to you, Black Raspberry Vanilla cold process soap:

Soap on it's side .. I so love the swirls

Swirl close up

See the sort of spotty top with glitter? Courtesy of hubs!

Three beautiful soaps together

Glitter tops

A soap stack

Close up of the stunning swirls

I cannot tell you how much in love I am with this soap - it smells DIVINE and I could stare at it's wonderful colours all days.  Seriously I so want to take a bite, it looks like the most luxurious raspberry ripple ice cream (not a good idea though!). 

If you're interested in possessing one of these (it's the sort of soap you need to possess I think!), they'll be fully cured by 11 July!


15 comments:

  1. It's gorgeously beautiful!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone needs to invent the scratch and sniff button ASAP. This soap looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most beautiful soap you have made so far. The red colour you achieved is amazing, I've never been able to get a good red like that. You did a great job and I like hubby's tops as well.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just breathtaking! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yours, i'm sure that it smells very good ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What divine swirlies you have created ..... love, love, love these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, really appreciate your lovely comments! Can you believe it, 7 out of the 10 I made are pre-ordered already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celine, that is one FINE-LOOKIN' SOAP!! So striking, and I can almost smell it across the ocean ... Looks like you may have to do another batch of these beauties! :) -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Life Deliberate Soap Co.June 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM

    LOVE IT!!! Thats super pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the most gorgeous soaps I have ever seen!!! I too am in luv with Black Raspberry Vanilla, so nummy. I must say, I'm interested in knowing how you got that particular swirl, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank you so much! I really love this technique and I'm definitely hooked!

    Lindsay - it's a spoon swirl, if you Google that and Ka Fée (aka Soap Session) you should find a video about it (You Tube). Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanx Celine. Just found the video. It's so simple, who woulda thought? I am definetly going to have to try that out!!! Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

If you like Soaperstar's blog posts, please feel free to comment!! We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...